Opus Cupra Use and Care
Keep your Ruffoni Opus Cupra copper clad cookware looking and cooking at its best.
Click here for our simple guidelines.
TO KEEP YOUR OPUS CUPRA COOKWARE LOOKING AND PERFORMING AT ITS BEST, FOLLOW THE SAME GUIDELINES FOR OPUS PRIMA, AS WELL AS THESE GUIDELINES FOR COPPER MAINTENANCE:
WASHING the copper surface
- In order to preserve the original shine, use neutral or slightly alkaline soap and a soft sponge. Corrosive detergent, detergent with chlorine or free chlorine, as well as metal scourers or abrasive powder can darken the shining surface. To remove stuck on foods, fill the cookware with a little water and place over low heat, in a short time stuck on food will soften and will be easily washed off.
- Clean cookware well after each use, the pan may discolor if it was not completely cleaned before reheating.
- Water spots may occur due to water conditions in your area of residence, and minerals in water can leave a white film on the stainless steel surface. Overheating or allowing a pan to boil dry will cause bronze, blue or rainbow tints on the surface; purple rings can form as a result of the starch contained in pasta, rice, and other foods. In these cases rub with a cloth dampened in lemon juice or white vinegar. If this is not enough, use a good quality non abrasive stainless steel cleanser; once the stain is removed, wash pan in hot soapy water and dry. The Opus Cupra collection is not dishwasher safe because the chlorate substances cause tarnishing of copper surface. If you want to polish the silver plated knob, remove it from the lid by twisting the special screw and polish it with a silver cleaner. To avoid scratching do not use knives, sharp kitchen tools or electric mixers in your cookware.
CLEANING the copper surface
- Rub briskly with a soft cotton cloth for copper polishing in order to bring back the original shine to copper items for display.
- With time and regular usage copper oxidizes and develops a dark red patina. In order to restore the copper’s brilliance, clean the exterior with a cloth dampened in a salt and vinegar or salt and lemon solution, or use some good copper cleaner. If the seasoned look of the patina is preferred, buff the exterior with a dry cotton cloth.
- Following these guidelines will guarantee perfect maintenance of your splendid Ruffoni copperware and increase its value over time.